2 per package
Threaded steel replacement spindles for interior mortise type locks or latch sets
Spindle size: 7mm
Remove old spindle and replace with new.
SKU: 1148-PB, 1148-SN, 1148-VB
Finishes: Polished Brass, Satin Nickel & Vintage Bronze
Latch is reversible to left or right handed door
Decorative passage latch for 2-3/8″
Fits up to 1-1/2″ diameter bore
Dimensions: 2-1/2” diameter roses
1. Place square end of latch through 3/4″ hole in side of door. Install latch face by securing with wood screws. Note: If you find you have installed latch tongue in wrong direction for door jamb, grip sides of latch tongue with pliers, pull latch tongue out, turn to opposite side and let tongue snap back in place. Remove old strike plate. Install new strike plate into existing recess. Insert tow screws into face of strike plate and fasten securely. Tab may be adjusted forward with screwdriver to obtain firm latching.
2. Center rosettes over 3/4′ dia. hole and attach to door using 3/4″ wood screws provided. Place spindle through square drive in latch and thread knob onto spindle until they seat into rosettes. Back off 1/2 turn and tighten set screws onto spindle. Test for proper operation.
$15.89 – $20.39
Finish: Polished Brass
Mortise lock with faceplate
Case-hardened steel case
Replaces most bit key mortise locks with 2-1/4″ backset
Bolt reversible to left and right handed door
Requires mortise cutout
1. Remove old lock and strike plate.
2. Position new lock into hole and pound in with hammer. Make sure deadbolt is on the bottom.
3. Attache with screws provided.
4. Align strike plate with existing holes and attach with screws provided.
Finish: Polished Brass
1/4″ adjustment for tight fit of door to frame
Stops door rattle
Assures engagement of dead latch function
Residential or commercial frames
Dimensions: 1-1/4″ x 2-3/4″
Door Thickness: All
Before starting first check door thickness for proper template alignment and then follow installation instructions.
-If door thickness is 1-3/4″ place template frame 3/16″ from door jamb.
-If door thickness is 1-3/8″ place template on the door jamb.
1. Remove old strike.
2. Center template with latch hole and tape in place.
3. Position new strike in place and mark two holes. Chisel out area behind strike if needed or a flush fit is desired.
4. Drill 1/8″ pilot holes 2″ deep. Adjust to fit door.
Fits standard size doors
Screws at base of box strike secure to
2″ x 4″ framing for added security
Dimensions: 1-1/4″ x 4-7/8″
1. Mark center of bolt on frame.
2. Cut out template (see insert), locate center mark on template with center mark on frame. Tape in place.
3. Draw around outside of template. Mark 4 holes through template. Drill 1″ holes per template.
4. Chisel out between 1″ holes and fit strike box.
5. Chisel out 1/8″ deep for strike.
6. Install strike and faceplate with top and bottom screws. (Be sure 2 holes in strike box are toward center of frame.)
7. Drill two 1/8″ pilot holes at bottom of strike box toward center of frame and install screws at an angle.