Finish: Polished Brass
Material: Solid Brass
Repairs damaged doors
Assists in preventing forced entry
Dimensions: 1” x 4-1/2”
Door Thickness: 1-3/8”
Knobs and trim plates
Case-hardened steel case
Lock bolt is key activated both inside & outside
Bolt reversible to left and right handed door
Requires mortise cutout
Replaces most bit key mortise locks with 2-1/4″ backset
1. Fold template (see insert included) along dotted line and wrap around inside edge of door at a convenient height. mark holes A and B through template.
2. Position vertical line C in center of door thickness and mark holes as shown. Be sure the template does not move up or down.
3. Remove template and drill seven 5/8″ diameter holes 3″ into edge of door where C holes were drawn. Chisel out remaining wood to form a pocket in the edge of the door measuring 5/8″ wide by 4-1/8″ long by 3″ deep.
4. Drill one 3/4″ hole on mark A through the door. Drill four 5/16″ holes as indicated through the door to form slot B.
5. Insert mortise lock into pocket, draw a line around the face plate, and remove lock. Chisel out the wood within the lines to a depth of approximately 3/32″. Insert lock occasionally to ensure proper depth.
6. Insert lock into door and attach with two flathead screws.
7. Position trim plates on door in line with lock and attach using eight oval-head screws.
8. Insert spindle through hole A and attach knobs at each end of spindle.
9. Position strike in line with latch and attach with two flathead screws.
Fits standard size doors
Screws at base of box strike secure to
2″ x 4″ framing for added security
Dimensions: 1-1/4″ x 4-7/8″
Door Thickness: All
1. Mark center of bolt on frame.
2. Cut out template (see insert), locate center mark on template with center mark on frame. Tape in place.
3. Draw around outside of template. Mark 4 holes through template. Drill 1″ holes per template.
4. Chisel out between 1″ holes and fit strike box.
5. Chisel out 1/8″ deep for strike.
6. Install strike and faceplate with top and bottom screws. (Be sure 2 holes in strike box are toward center of frame.)
7. Drill two 1/8″ pilot holes at bottom of strike box toward center of frame and install screws at an angle.
Glass knobs and trim plates
SKU: 1025, 1025-SSS, 1025-VB
Finishes: Polished Brass, Solid Stainless Steel & Vintage Bronze
Fits standard size doors
Strengthens or repairs wood jambs
3″ screws attach to wall stud for extra security
Dimensions: 1-1/4″ x 8″
1. Remove old strike.
2. Position new strike in place and mark the two mounting holes on the side of the strike away from the door jamb. Chisel out area behind strike if needed or if a flush fit is desired.
3. Drill 1/8″ pilot holes 1″ deep. Install small screws.
4. Close door and operate lock. If lock operates correctly, drill remaining two pilot holes with a 1/8″ drill bit 2″ deep. Install long screws. If lock does not operate correctly, reposition strike place and retest.
SKU: 1140, 1140-SN
Finishes: Satin Nickel & Polished Brass
Knob pair with spindle
Use on various interior mortise type locksets or latch sets
Spindle size: 7mm
1. Remove old knobs and spindle.
2. Twist one knob onto spindle and slide through door. Twist other knob on other side of spindle.