Finish: Polished Brass
For locks with 5-1/2″ to 6″ centers
Replaces standard latch & deadbolt
strikes with one piece security
Strengthens or repairs wood jambs
3″ screws attach to wall stud for extra security
Dimensions: 1-5/8″ x 11″
Door Thickness: 1-3/4″ or thicker doors
1. Remove old strike
2. Position new strike in place and mark with a pencil the three mounting holes on the side of the strike away from the door jamb. Chisel out area behind strike if needed or a flush fit is desired.
3. Drill 1/8″ pilot holes 1″ deep. Install short screws.
4. Close door and operate lock. If lock operates correctly, drill remaining two pilot holes with a 1/8″ drill bit 2″ deep. Install long screws. If lock does not operate correctly, reposition strike plate and retest.
Note: Check distance between door and frame when door is closed.
Proposition 65 Warning
– If the gap is 1/4″ or more install strike on surface of frame.
– If the gap is less than a 1/4″ strike must be chiseled into the frame.