Finish: Polished Brass
Knob pair with spindle
Use on various interior mortise locksets
or latch sets
Spindle size: 7mm
Finish: Polished Brass
For locks with 5-1/2″ to 6″ centers
Replaces standard latch & deadbolt
strikes with one piece security
Strengthens or repairs wood jambs
3″ screws attach to wall stud for extra security
Dimensions: 1-5/8″ x 11″
Door Thickness: 1-3/4″ or thicker doors
1. Remove old strike
2. Position new strike in place and mark with a pencil the three mounting holes on the side of the strike away from the door jamb. Chisel out area behind strike if needed or a flush fit is desired.
3. Drill 1/8″ pilot holes 1″ deep. Install short screws.
4. Close door and operate lock. If lock operates correctly, drill remaining two pilot holes with a 1/8″ drill bit 2″ deep. Install long screws. If lock does not operate correctly, reposition strike plate and retest.
Note: Check distance between door and frame when door is closed.
– If the gap is 1/4″ or more install strike on surface of frame.
– If the gap is less than a 1/4″ strike must be chiseled into the frame.
Glass knobs and trim plates
Case-hardened steel case
Bolt reversible to left and right handed door
Lock bolt is key activated both inside & outside
Requires mortise cutout
Replaces most bit key mortise locks with 2-1/4″ backset
1. Fold template (see insert included) along dotted line and wrap around inside edge of door at a convenient height. mark holes A and B through template.
2. Position vertical line C in center of door thickness and mark holes as shown. Be sure the template does not move up or down.
3. Remove template and drill seven 5/8″ diameter holes 3″ into edge of door where C holes were drawn. Chisel out remaining wood to form a pocket in the edge of the door measuring 5/8″ wide by 4-1/8″ long by 3″ deep.
4. Drill one 3/4″ hole on mark A through the door. Drill four 5/16″ holes as indicated through the door to form slot B.
5. Insert mortise lock into pocket, draw a line around the face plate, and remove lock. Chisel out the wood within the lines to a depth of approximately 3/32″. Insert lock occasionally to ensure proper depth.
6. Insert lock into door and attach with two flathead screws.
7. Position trim plates on door in line with lock and attach using eight oval-head screws.
8. Insert spindle through hole A and attach knobs at each end of spindle.
9. Position strike in line with latch and attach with two flathead screws.
Material: Solid Brass
Fits standard size doors
Screws at base of box strike secure to
2″ x 4″ framing for added security
Dimensions: 1-1/4″ x 4-7/8″
Door Thickness: All
1. Mark center of bolt on frame.
2. Cut out template (see insert), locate center mark on template with center mark on frame. Tape in place.
3. Draw around outside of template. Mark 4 holes through template. Drill 1″ holes per template.
4. Chisel out between 1″ holes and fit strike box.
5. Chisel out 1/8″ deep for strike.
6. Install strike and faceplate with top and bottom screws. (Be sure 2 holes in strike box are toward center of frame.)
7. Drill two 1/8″ pilot holes at bottom of strike box toward center of frame and install screws at an angle.