Locks in closed or vented position
Non-removable screws included
Locks & unlocks with key
Comes with 2 inserts (not shown)
Key Blank: Briggs & Stratton B1 & Yale Blank Y13
SKU: 1974, 1974-W
Finishes: Chrome & White
Twist action securely locks door in closed
or vented position
Prevents lifting or sliding of door
Easy to install
For interior or exterior use
Rotating bolt to prevent sawing
Finish: Aluminum Tone
Securely locks in closed or vented position
Assembled with hardened steel bolt
Easily activated with foot
Locks and unlocks with key
CAUTION: Before installation, check with patio door manufacturer for door specifications. Failure to do so may result in glass breakage!
1. Close sliding door completely.
2. With bolt retracted, place lock in desired position at top or bottom of leading edge of sliding door, leaving enough room to clear track so door slides smoothly.
3. Tap back of lock lightly with hammer to mark bolt hole position; remove lock. Make sure drill will clear glass. Drill 1-1/32″ diameter hole for locking bolt.
4. With bolt extended, position lock and slide bolt into hole. mark screw holes, remove lock and drill 1/8″ diameter holes.
5. Replace lock; install with standard screws and tighten. Or, to make door tamper-proof, remove standard screws and replace with non-removable screws.
For sliding door opening 28″- 52″
Telescoping aluminum locking bar
No cutting needed
To install inside sliding door:
1. Place rotating bracket on wall next to stationary door.
2. Mark and drill 1/8″ diameter holes and attach bracket to wall with screws provided.
3. With other end of bar in locking saddle, extend bar to inside edge of sliding door. Hold in horizontal position and mark and drill 1/8″ holes. Install screws through saddle catch into door.
To install outside sliding door:
1. Install jamb and bracket against inside edge of non-moving door.
2. Locking saddle install on inside frame of moveable door. Caution: Care must be taken that locking saddle is positioned at least 2″ above the sliding door handle.
Finish: Polished Brass
Mounts on vertical track
Flips away to allow window to open
1. Close window and attach lock 3″ to 4″ above top of lower sash with nails enclosed.
2. Swing stop closed to engage window stop, preventing window from being raised past window stop.