Finish: Vintage Bronze
Material: Solid Brass
For use on French style doors
Requires cutout in door for installation
Easy slide lock action
SKU: 1853, 1853-SN
Finishes: Polished Brass & Satin Nickel
Includes keeper for surface mount
Easy to install
1. Position bolt plate on door at desired location and mark screw holes. Drill 3/32″ diameter pilot holes 1/2″ deep and fasten bolt plate to door with screws.
2. Position strike plate on door jamb over bolt, making sure bolt will slide into strike properly with bolt extended. mark screw hole locations. Drill 3/32″ diameter pilot holes 1/2″ deep and fasten strike plate to jamb with screws.
Can be unlocked with key from inside or outside
Bolt slides into keyed mechanism to lock
Secures door while allowing 2” opening
for viewing or ventilation
Finish: Polished Brass
Temporarily attaches to almost any door
Locks or unlocks with flip actions
Uses door strike opening for mount point
Latch hold-back (prevents locking
5-pin tumbler with hardened steel pins
Door Thickness 1-3/8″ to 2-1/4″
1-1/4” bore required
Spring latch for automatic locking
1. At desired height bore the hole for the cylinder 1-1/4″ diameter, with center at a distance of 2-3/8″ from edge of door.
2. Insert cylinder and ring from the outside of door and place back plate on inside of door. Connect back plate to cylinder with two connecting screws. Cut screws to proper length relative to door thickness.
3. Cut off connecting bar so that it projects 3/8″ beyond inside of door.
4. Place lock on door so that connecting bar enters slot. Mark holes. Remove lock and drill 1/8″ pilot holes. Attache lock to door by inserting screws through lock into door.
5. Place strike plate on door jamb. Mark holes. Remove strike place and drill 1/8″ pilot holes.
6. As needed, use chisel to cut door jamb so that strike is flush with door jamb.
SKU: 1860, 1860-SN, 1860-W
Finishes: Polished Brass, Satin Nickel & White
Secures door while allowing opening for viewing or ventilation
Solid Brass material with steel chain
1. Mount long plate 1/4″ from edge of door at convenient height. Large hole at end of slot faces away from door jamb. Install 4 screws. (Drill 3/32″ pilot holes if necessary.)
2. Mount chain holder on door jamb so that knob on chain will reach hole in slide plate.