Finish: Prime Coat Gray
Covers unused latch face cutouts
Dimensions: 2.25″ x 1.10″
1. Insert filler plate into door edge.
2. Install screws.
Out-swinging doors only
Secures against forced entry
Protects latch or bolt
Residential or commercial use
Dimensions: 3″ x 7″
Backset: Locksets with 2-3/4″ backset
1. Place latch guard on door and center on lock.
2. Mark center of mounting holes.
3. Drill two 3/8″ holes through door.
4. Install bolts, washer and nuts. Tighten securely.
Note: If latch guard contacts strike lip, bend in slightly with hammer.
Finish: Polished Brass
5-pin tumbler with hardened steel pins
Single cylinder locking unit & strike
Locks door to jamb to prevent forced entry
1-1/4″ bore required
Includes tamper-resistant shutter guard
Door Thickness: 1-3/8″ to 2-1/4″
Key Blank: Weiser Blank WR2/WR3
CAUTION: Do not unscrew small retaining screws at rear of cylinder. Use only dry lubricant (graphite) on lock. Keep keyway clear of foreign objects.
1. Select convenient height for lock and place template against edge of door.
2. Mark hole positions. Bore 1-3/8″ hole for cylinder where indicated. Note: Bore through door until tip of drill barely emerges from other side. Remove drill bit and complete hole by drilling from opposite side to reduce splintering.
3. Drill 3/32″ diameter holes 1/2″ deep for attachment screws.
4. Insert cylinder and trim ring from outside of door. Attache backplate with two connecting bolts. Note: If bolts are too long, saw or break at groove, using caution to avoid marring the thread.
5. Cut or break connecting bar so it projects 3/8″ to 1/2″ beyond the inside of the door.
6. Plack lock on door so connecting bar enters “X” slot in back of lock. Secure with large mounting screws.
7. Align strike carefully, using template as a guide. Draw outline of strike on door jamb trim and chisel wood away (mortise) so strike mates freely with locking bars.
8. Mark mounting holes for strike, drill pilot holes, and secure strike to door jamb with screws provided.
SKU: 1172, 1172-SN, 1172-VB, 1172-W
Finishes: Polished Brass, Satin Nickel, Vintage Bronze & White
Helps maintain entry security
Covers lockset holes from 1/2″ to 2-1/8″
Fits doors to 1-3/4″ thick
Dimensions: 2-5/8″ diameter
1. Place door plate with cylinder extending into door hole.
2. Place other plate on opposite side of door with indentation facing door hole.
3. Insert screw through plate into cylinder and tighten.
$5.09 – $5.69
Fits standard size doors
Screws at base of box strike secure to
2″ x 4″ framing for added security
Dimensions: 1-1/4″ x 4-7/8″
Door Thickness: All
1. Mark center of bolt on frame.
2. Cut out template (see insert), locate center mark on template with center mark on frame. Tape in place.
3. Draw around outside of template. Mark 4 holes through template. Drill 1″ holes per template.
4. Chisel out between 1″ holes and fit strike box.
5. Chisel out 1/8″ deep for strike.
6. Install strike and faceplate with top and bottom screws. (Be sure 2 holes in strike box are toward center of frame.)
7. Drill two 1/8″ pilot holes at bottom of strike box toward center of frame and install screws at an angle.